Friday, December 10, 2010

November 2010 Growth Stocks Update


No. StockLotsDividends CollectedAverage Price




1. Capitaland2$0.00 $3.73



Realised Profit: $160


Last month, I have sold off all 20 lots of Advanced SCT and 1 lot of Noble Group at a small net profit of $160 after deducting brokerage fees. Then, I went hunting again for growth stocks.


My original plan was to scoop up a few lots of Genting SP at around $1.95 after it announced a drop in profits. Unfortunately, my target price was not met.


In the end, I added 2 lots of Capitaland at $3.73 as this counter had triggered my target price. This is a good opportunity for me to load up for the "Capricorn Effect" and Chinese New Year rally in 2011.

China is expected to raise bank reserves requirement and interest rates soon in order to fight high inflation rate. This will have a negative impact on property prices in China. Therefore, my next entry price for Capitaland will be around $3.50 if there is a sudden, knee-jerk reaction in the near future.

My target selling price for Capitaland is between $4 and $4.10, depending on market conditions. 


Genting SP and Noble Group will still be under my watch list in 2011.


Do you have any growth stocks which you will be tracking in 2011? Please share by commenting below :)




Peace Out,
Dividend Warrior

7 comments:

Phileas.Wind said...

Capitaland has put in lots of investments in China real estates. It's not in my buy list because I'm quite bearish on the property market.. and the recent chinese policies set on properties has impacted the market sentiments.

for growth stocks in 2011, I'm looking at Olam, Straits Asia. The bull run of commodity market seems still not yet out of steam.

Dividend Tech Warrior said...

Hi 风隐,

Thanks for the advice. Yup, I am also keeping track of the commodity stocks too.

There will probably be a correction next year. I will wait till then to pick up some bargains.

Right now, I am in a monitoring and saving mode.

I said...

Hi,

nice blog you've got here!
Anyway for 2011 I'm looking at PetroChina, CNOOC, archer daniels midland, conocophilips as defensive yet growth stocks for the US market.
For Singapore, would be Olam, indo/golden agri...

how about you?

Anonymous said...

hi,
Cerebos Pac is another stock to watch. TGT 6.81 current is 4.88 Dividen on Feb 2011 is $0.25 TBA Early 1st Wk of Jan 2011 if not 2nd Wk of Jan.

fyi...

Dividend Tech Warrior said...

Hi Isaac,

Thanks for the compliment! :)

PetroChina is a good pick as oil price is expected to reach $100 next year.

Olam is also on my watchlist. I believe commodity prices will keep rising next year.

Dividend Tech Warrior said...

Hi Anonymous,

Thanks for sharing.

I will do more research on Cerebos Pac and put it on my watchlist.

Happy New Year to all! :)

Penny Stock Blog said...

I have always favored value stocks over growth stocks. Simply because of the extra margain of safety that value investing gives you compared to growth stock investing Growth stock investing is all about future expectations. Value investing is about the current value of a stock. This does not mean that their are not any growth stocks that are not great investments.